As New Years Eve fast approaches, many people will be celebrating with alcohol. As a bartender, it’s your responsibility to serve alcohol responsibly and ensure that your patrons are safe. However, serving alcohol during New Year’s Eve can be particularly dangerous due to the high volume of patrons and the celebratory atmosphere. Here are some dangers to be aware of and ways to mitigate them:
Important tips for keeping yourself and customers safe
- Over-serving patrons: It’s important to know your state’s laws on serving alcohol and to pay attention to the signs of intoxication. If a patron is visibly intoxicated, it’s your responsibility to cut them off and prevent them from drinking more. Allowing a patron to continue drinking can lead to serious consequences, including injury or death due to alcohol poisoning or drunk driving.
- Fighting and violence: Alcohol can lower inhibitions and lead to aggression, which can result in fights or other violent behavior. As a bartender, it’s your responsibility to keep an eye out for any potential conflicts and to intervene if necessary. This may involve asking patrons to leave the establishment or calling for security.
- Property damage: In the excitement of New Year’s Eve, patrons may become rowdy and cause damage to your establishment or nearby properties. It’s important to keep a close eye on patrons and intervene if necessary to prevent any damage.
The best way to make sure all bartenders/bouncers/servers are prepared for New Years Eve
To help prevent the dangers associated with alcohol consumption, it’s important for bartenders to be well-trained in responsible alcohol service. One way to do this is by taking an online alcohol education course. These courses cover topics such as:
- laws and regulations
- identifying signs of intoxication
- strategies for responsible alcohol service
- checking I.D.’s properly
By taking an online course, you can learn at your own pace and refresh your knowledge on a regular basis. In other words, serving alcohol during New Year’s Eve can be intimidating. But an online alcohol education course can provide the knowledge and skills needed to serve alcohol safely and responsibly. Need to get certified? We can help
Where to get Responsible Beverage Training online
Need to get your RBS training done before New Years Eve. Well, you are in luck. Comedy Seller Server allows you to take the course online from the comfort of your own home. On top of that, you will be certified instantly! Take the course, followed by a short quiz and then just fill out your information. The course is go at your own pace, so you may start and stop how ever much you need. Finally, our course is the only online course written by real comedians. Nothing boring about it. You will actually want to watch this course. Sign up today to start serving more responsibly!